Thursday, March 1, 2012

Project X : Why am I watching this??

Project X
My title of this review says it all. Why am I watching it, and why didn't I leave? It stated out a a typical outcast story. Kids that are not popular want to be popular and do something to be popular. So what do they do? They throw a party. Not something new, right? Pretty predictable, right? That's what I thought at first. Watching the crude jokes and foul language from typical high school students and all events that lead up to "The Party" I figured I knew the rest of the story and I would be bored and leave sometime during the party. Boy, was I wrong. The extent of this party thrown by these unpopular kids was just so out there I couldn't leave my seat. Not even to pee. (Now I sound like a high school kid) Every time I wanted to get up something else crazy and over the top would happen. While watching this film you have two pretty strong feelings overcome you. One: that this is the most awesome party ever and I would love to be there because I will remember it forever. Two: you feel for the main character who's house the party is at. You feel the OMG what do I tell my parents, how do I clean this up, etc. That is until it gets so out of hand that there is no answer anymore.
So bottom line is that I actually did stay for the entire movie. I did enjoy it and it brought me back to an earlier time of high school and college when parties where everywhere. And if my memory serves me right (some memories are a bit fuzzy) the parties that I attended were fun and what I thought were awesome at the time, none could live up to what I viewed on the silver screen watching "Project X".


Director: Nima Nourizadeh
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Release Date: March 2, 2012
Rating: R: Restricted
Rating Warnings: crude and sexual content throughout, nudity, drugs, drinking, pervasive language, reckless behavior and mayhem—all involving teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment